Reviewers of volume XXII of "Studia Elblaskie": HERE!
The rules of reviewing scientific articles adopted by the journal "Studia Elblaskie" are based on the Statute of the Major Seminary of the Diocese of Elbląg and comply with the guidelines of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education:
1. Each article (dissertation) is reviewed by two independent reviewers from outside the unit.
2. In the case of texts written in a foreign language, at least one of the reviewers is affiliated to a foreign institution other than the author's nationality.
3. The reviewing rules take into account the requirement of the so-called double-blind review process (the author and reviewers do not know each other's identity).
4. In other cases, the reviewer signs a declaration of no conflict of interest, which may be expressed in the relationship between the reviewer and the author:
- direct personal relations (kinship, legal ties, conflict),
- relationships of professional dependence,
- direct scientific cooperation within the last two years preceding the preparation of the review.
5. The reviewer fills in a written review form accepted by the editors or prepares a review according to their own scheme, and must formulate a clear conclusion as to whether the article should be accepted for publication or not.
The main criteria for admitting articles to the reviewing procedure:
- the topic of the article must be in accordance with the profile of the journal,
- from the formal point of view, a logical structure, scientific language, abstracts and key words, scientific apparatus are required,
- from the substantive point of view, the author must refer in the article to a specific scientific problem, and not only recapitulate textbook knowledge on the subject,
- if it concerns already discussed problems, it should bring in new aspects and points of view,
- in case one of the reviews is negative, the decision to publish the article in "Studia Elblaskie" is made by the Editorial Board.
Two negative reviews eliminate the article from further procedure.
Download the review form: HERE!